- License Types and Requirements The License Types and Requirements page provides information on each type of license. This information includes the necessary license forms, qualifications, requirements, and fees for each type of license.
- apply for an insurance license online go to cdi’s sircon.com – individual license application service for resident and non-resident applicants to apply for an insurance license online. This link takes the viewer to the procedures on how to apply online. If you already know how to use the online application service, you can select the link below to go directly to cdi’s sircon.com – individual license application service.
- California Resident License Fingerprint Requirements: CDI allows fingerprint impressions to be submitted at any time prior to taking the licensing exam, including prior to submitting the license application.
- License: Business Entity, Fictitious Business Name and Name Approval This web page provides the business entity applicant with the application requirements, fees, forms and criteria for approval of a business name. The types of insurance licenses contemplated in this procedure include: life agent (lo), accident and health (ah), real estate broker (pr), accident broker (ca), limited lines automobile insurance agent ( au), personal lines broker-agent (pl), automobile club agent (mc), registered administrator (ra), surplus lines broker (sl), credit insurance broker (ci), surplus lines broker special lines (sp), life and disability insurance analyst (la) and freight forwarders agent (cs).
- Insurance Producer Licensing and Education Provider Laws: Change of Background Information Disclosure Form and Instructions This webpage informs agents and brokers about the law regarding the penalties for transacting without a license, the penalties education provider’s monetary penalties for noncompliance and, more importantly, the requirement for applicant insurance producers and licensees to notify the insurance commissioner in writing, within 30 days, of changes in background information after the an application has been filed or a license has been issued.
- 1033 Request for Written Consent This webpage provides information on 18 u.s.c. §1033, including filing requirements, fees, and application forms from the California Department of Insurance.
- Insurance Licensing Exam Information The links on this page provide access to online exam scheduling, maps of exam locations, exam times, proper identification needed for admission to an exam, how the exam is administered, exam, fingerprint requirements, and how to reschedule/retake an exam. careful!! cheating is a crime. . . Under section 1681.5(b) of the California Insurance Code, knowingly cheating or tampering with a license exam is punishable by a fine not to exceed $10,000 or imprisonment not to exceed one year.
- Check Your Application/Renewal Status This web page provides the license applicant with the date that the California Department of Insurance (CDI) Producer Licensing Office is processing applications and renewals.
- Non-Resident Applicant and Licensee Information This webpage provides the non-resident applicant and licensee with application requirements, fees, fingerprinting requirements, renewal fees, and more.
frequently asked questions
how to contact us
If you have any questions about this form or the license information you retrieved, please see the frequently asked questions in our Licensing Q&A section. If you need more help, call the CDI Licensing Hotline at (800) 967-9331. The licensing hotline is available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 5:00 p.m. m., except state holidays. You can also email the grower license office. Be sure to include your name, phone number, license number, and email address in all correspondence with the cdi.