Farm Bureau Insurance Review | Bankrate
types of policies offered
farm bureau offers whole life, term life and indexed universal life policies.
- Whole Life: Farm Bureau’s Whole Life Option provides options to pay your premiums over a period of time or pay a single premium for coverage that lasts your whole life. whole life policies earn cash value that you can withdraw or borrow.
- Term Life Insurance: Farm Bureau offers term life insurance that you can purchase in 10, 15, 20 or 30 year increments. You can add various riders, or benefits, to customize your coverage, such as children’s term life insurance and waived premiums.
- Indexed Universal Life Insurance: Farm Bureau’s Indexed Universal Life Insurance can help you save for retirement and provide life insurance protection at the same time. . Several optional coverage clauses can be added to the policy to suit your budget and lifestyle.
- agricultural vehicle
- recreational vehicle
- residential equipment
- mobile home
- business related to agriculture
- crop and livestock
- commercial business
- commercial home based insurance
- workers compensation
- long term care insurance
ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and farm agency complaints
j.d. power and associates conducts an annual study of insurance companies and ranks insurers based on billing process and policy information, customer interaction, policy offerings, policy prices, and satisfaction customer overview.
in 2021 j.d. power us auto insurance study, tennessee farm bureau insurance ranked number one in the southeast and texas farm bureau ranked number one in the texas region. North Carolina Farm Bureau was below average in the Southeast.
in addition, farm bureau received a financial strength rating of (excellent) from am best. This means that the company has historically had a strong financial performance and has been able to pay claims in a timely manner.
farm bureau has a mobile app, but it’s not rated well on the app store or google play. The app store rating is only 2.5 stars, and the google play ratings aren’t much better at 2.7 stars. There are numerous user complaints regarding some farm office customers being able to access the app as some states are restricted. Other complaints focus on the app’s functionality, which is sometimes flawed.
reasons why farm bureau is a good option
Farm Bureau members can use their membership to receive attractive discounts on things like hotels, pharmacies, rental cars, farm equipment, and even theme parks. In addition, members can participate in various programs, such as competitive events for young farmers and ranchers, and participate in promotional activities.
Average farm bureau fees are lower than the national average, which can make it an attractive option for buyers on a budget. The company also has excellent financial strength and mostly high customer service scores. Keep in mind, however, that the Farm Bureau is divided between companies that operate at the individual state level, such as the Tennessee Farm Bureau and the Indiana Farm Bureau. because of this, customer service ratings vary. rates may vary based on your state and individual qualifying factors.
Remember, if you choose a farm agency insurance quote for your auto and home insurance coverage, you can bundle your policies for even greater savings.
additional policies offered by the agricultural office
Most people want to protect more than just their home and car. farm bureau has a large selection of insurance products available, including: